4.20.2010

Rape in The Congo; Patriarchy Pwns Gaia; Gaia Will Avenge

PIC: Michaelle Jean, Governor General of Canada


Some of you may not know this but I'm deeply concerned with the rape pandemic in the Democratic Republic of the Congo.

Earlier today I was researching writings and philosophies about the Earth being a female, a la Gaia. While my connexions I'm making between Patriarchy and Gaia are relatively new, I feel they're worthwhile.

It was Gloria Steinem that brought me an understanding that everything in this world is played out on women and women's bodies. This thought is crucial to these early explorations between Patriarchy, conquest, war, Capitalism and rape.

These are early thoughts of mine but worth sharing with everyone so that I can get some feedback.





If you would like to help, go to WomenforWomen and find the information to help women all over the world.

There is also Women Thrive and the International Rescue Committee.

No comments:

Post a Comment