Considering how rare true sociopathy is, this dismissal is rather weak.
These men who abuse are everywhere. The look normal, act normal and have normal jobs.
As a woman and a feminist on YouTube, I find many other women like myself sifting through comment after comment by males who use this dismissive tactic.
- In the United States, a woman is beaten every 7.4 seconds. Approximately 3-4 million women are beaten by male partners annually.
- The Commonwealth Fund survey reported that 1.9 million women reported having been raped, and 7.6 million reported having been mugged, robbed, or assaulted in the previous 5 years.
- From 1983 to 1991, the number of domestic violence reports received increased by almost 117% (NYS Division of Criminal Justice Services, 1983 and 1991).
- Of every 1,000 pregnant women, 154 are assaulted by their partner during the first four months of pregnancy.
- During the 5th through the 9th month, 170 out of 1,000 pregnant women are assaulted.